Friday, April 30, 2021

May Day Mama's Hibiscus Flowers

 Hibiscus! My adult Kool-Aid is a go to for Comfort Foods in Uncomfortable Thymes! Anyone that knows me knows I’m not a big “sweet” girl. So unless I was stretching my pantry as I raised my children on a budget, cookies weren’t really on our menu. But I have found myself making oatmeal cookies more than once in the last 144 daze!


In myself challenge of chopped pantry I ran out of my lifelong ingredient of cranberries. Not very interested in extra trips to any store I made use of what I had.




Oh my word. I am obsessed. I call theses my hummingbird cookies. I use my organic used hibiscus tea leaves chopped with some bagged flower heads to replace cranberries in these old fashion gluten free oatmeal delights. Believe me, this is a thing. I am on my 3rd batch.

This is what the ‘Power of Weee’ calls  

 “A Return to Original Medicine!”


For more of my insights my links are provided below! Bee well


https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1545419493/ref=dbs_a_def_awm_bibl_vppi_i4



No comments:

Post a Comment